Thursday, January 5, 2012

new year resolutions

I have been pondering a new year resolution. I am not quite sure what it would be, I know I was supposed to have this figured out sometime ago, but oh well. I don't want to do the standard "get into shape" resolution that is never kept, although I want to get in shape . There is a website I came across that had clever resolutions.

Little gem I found

As much as I already enjoy the "Please stop liking the Kardashians, all of them. It’s not helping anyone, least of all the Kardashians." I'm afraid that was a given for me. So I have to look for something more. There are two of the resolutions from that website that I actually want to try.

1) Wait 30 seconds before you look up a fact you can’t remember on your phone, and try to remember it using your brain. This is what the olden days were like. 2) Know which candidate you’re going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, and know why.

I think those two resolutions are very doable. The first resolution is kind of hard if you think about it. How many times a day you have trouble thinking about something and then just look to your phone for the answer? In addition, it helps create neurons in your brain which can lead to better and brighter things. The second resolution, in my humble opinion, should be everyone's. I am quite a political person, I am working on keeping my thoughts to myself because stupid uneducated people and myself like to bicker. There are so many people that vote because they are just republican or democrat (both parties are incredibly flawed and I wish we would get rid of the two-party system). There fore people who should not be in office end up in office and our country gets fucked even more. As far as politics go, I'm not a fan of Obama. He hired the exact same administration that got our economy into this mess, his surveillance act (NDAA) is absurd, he has done nothing for same-sex marriage, and overall overstepping boundaries of the federal government. On the other hand, I strongly dislike every republican candidate. The only one that I like for the most part is Ron Paul. Otherwise our country is in so much trouble if one of those other candidates gets elected. I am all for tax-breaks for the middle class, but if you make 10 million a year and are only in the 11% tax bracket, there's a problem. On the other hand give tax breaks to those of us who are actually doing something like the doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and small business owners. We are the ones that are doing the work rather than sitting on wall street scratching my balls, doing a line of coke, and cheating my wife. I could ramble on about the idiocy of the united states politicians, corporations, and bankers.

Back on track, furthermore on resolutions, my goal is to get A's in all my classes for the semester. I am taking another organic chemistry class, more biochemistry, more nutrition classes (really fucking hard), and athletic training classes. Subsequently, I am trying to become a lab assistant in the neurophysiology/neurobiology lab where I would examine diseases of the spine (really super cool). On top of all that I am still hoping I get my pharmacy technician job. Oh! I forgot that I am an athletic trainer for the athletes at the university.

1 comment:

naturgesetz said...

Those are two pretty good resolutions. I'd extend the second one to voting in primaries.